You have a great small business. You have a useful product, and your customer service is stellar. But the question is: is that enough? Consider that, according to SBA estimates, 627,000 new businesses open each year, making for a 2019 total of 28.8 million small businesses in the United States. And given that an estimated 595,000 of US businesses close each year, being among the successful ones can take a fair amount of skillful savvy.
If you’re wondering how to get a leg up on the competition, we have some ways that your Arizona small business can stand out from the rest.
- Focus on your customers’ dislikes. Figuring out what may drive clientele away from businesses like yours can make you all the more successful. For example, Chick-fil-A figured out that people are turned off by rude or impassive employees. Online personal shopping services capitalized on the fact that many of us dislike typical shopping experiences in malls or department stores. Hate having to drive somewhere to rent or watch a movie? Hello, Netflix. Figure out a pet peeve associated with your small business, and watch your own business grow.
- Polish your image. When customers catch on that you’re working out of your basement, they may start to lose confidence in you. Image is everything with potential clients, and there’s no better way to improve your persona than through the services of Versant. When you utilize our Scottsdale offices for lease, or our Arizona mail handling and call handling services, your customers understand that you are professional, established, and efficient. Whether they are greeted when calling with capable and competent administrative staff, or come to see you in our beautiful and immaculate office spaces, they’ll walk away knowing that your business is one they can trust.
- Make a difference. People are drawn to companies with a broader purpose at heart. Amazon made waves when they announced their Amazon Smile program. Kohl’s is now famous for their quality-yet-affordable “Kohl’s Cares” stuffed animals whose sales benefit underdeveloped societies. Find a charitable niche that you and your customers can be passionate about, and spread the word.
- Make your customers expect the unexpected. Think about the last time someone truly surprised you. Easy, right? When people surprise us, especially in a positive way, we tend to remember it fondly. Use this tendency to your advantage. Surprise a customer with a flower delivery. Add an unexpected twist to your next batch of product shipments. Hand-write an authentic note of thanks. Being unforgettable doesn’t have to be costly, and it can make a big impact for your clients. Find more great ideas on bringing smiles to your customers here: https://articles.bplans.com/13-ways-to-surprise-and-delight-your-customers-today/
- Love who they love. Add in perks for customers’ pets or kids. Offer a special discount for their moms, dads, or siblings. You can be nice and considerate to customers, and they’ll appreciate it; but show special affection for their loved ones and they’ll notice, be thankful, and remember.
You know that your small business in Arizona is special, and with these steps you’ll soon show others your business’ positive attributes, too. As Dr. Seuss said, “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”