As an entrepreneur, life probably hasn’t been easy for you lately. Your worries about the welfare of your small business, your family, your health, and more have likely been weighing heavily on your mind. And now that much of the country is starting to slowly return to some semblance of “normal” you might be wondering if your business will be able to regain what losses you might have accrued. And you’re not alone; Forbes.com reported that up to 38% of small business owners are not confident in the future of their business in light of the new coronavirus pandemic. Regardless of whether your small business has suffered as a result of COVID-19, everyone needs to be prepared for lockdown rebound.
- Think outside the box. If you haven’t already significantly stepped up your online game, now’s the time. Regularly increase your online presence by initiating customer conversations and interactions on social media platforms. Offer “Monday Madness” or “Twenty Off Tuesday” to your online followers. Run online contests for faithful and new customers. Or consider speaking up on online forums that have to do with your product to get your name and your business more visible.
- Prepare for the flood. People have been having to stay home, keep social distances, and refrain from many favorite activities. With any luck, your customers will be dying to do business with you again once restrictions start to lift. Consider ramping up production and staff numbers to accommodate an influx of business in the coming months.
- Look long-term. So often, when running a Phoenix small business, you’re busily rushing from task to task, unable to look beyond the next week. You can use this “pause” in your daily routine to invest in long-term business prospects or expand your business plan. Touch base with clients who have expressed interest in your product in the past. Assure current customers that you plan to continue to move ahead, stronger than ever, once restrictions lift.
- Go all-in with a virtual office. Whether you’ve had to recently let go of rented office space, are looking to move out of your home office, or are a longtime virtual office fan, there’s no time like the present to see what Versant can offer. For your Scottsdale virtual office needs, Versant can give your customers the big-business feel without the cost of renting your own office space. With a business address and mail-handling, document-processing, and phone answering, utilizing Versant’s virtual office services are the perfect solution for your small business. And, for meetings or events, Versant has spacious conference rooms outfitted with all the technological equipment you’ll need.
- Think about safety. This may seem like a no-brainer, but your customers will want to be assured that your company is taking all the necessary precautions to keep them safe. Regularly remind customers of your sanitation practices and safety protocol. Consider sourcing your materials from a safer location if they currently are sent from virus hotspots. Make sure all employees have access to masks and gloves, and that they wear them regularly.
COVID-19 has taken a toll on all of us. And with some strategic planning, you and your business can come out strong and thriving.