As Chris Gosser says, “opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” But if you’re operating your Scottsdale small business on a budget, creating these opportunities becomes more and more challenging. Chances are you’re no stranger to cutting costs when it comes to office supplies (hello, back-to-school sales) and vehicle use (love those tax deductions). But is it possible to effectively market your business on a shoestring budget? Below we’ve outlined a few ideas for you, so you can get the word out on a large scale regardless of your small size.
- Build a customer base. Easier said than done, especially if your business is a little light on customers. Start bringing in more business by strengthening your networks through attending networking events. Also aim to provide stellar customer service to your existing customers, and offer substantial rewards for referrals and logging positive reviews. Keep up the excitement by featuring extra-special deals for “preferred customers.” Many small business also experience a significant upswing in business by using a daily deal website, such as Groupon.
- Email is king. Once you have a solid customer base, it’s time to spread the word. If you’re interested in maximizing your financial investment, you can’t beat email. It is estimated that you’ll gain $44 in business for every $1 spent on email marketing. If you’re not already, try sending regular email newsletters to your customer list that include promotions, referral rewards, loyalty program announcements, and seasonal messages.
- Speed it up. Given that the average attention span of an adult searching the web is around 8 seconds, every bit of time counts. For about $10 per month, you can ensure that your website automatically detects what kind of device your customer is using to maximize their searching experience. After all, a web page with faulty loading is a web page not browsed.
- Optimize every word. Nearly 81% of customers will browse online before making a big purchase. You can help them land on your page by adding key words and utilizing search engine optimization (SEO). For more on this, check out this Google article: http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en/us/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf
- Spend small, look big. Using the services at Versant communicates to customers that you are an established, professional, and well-run company. By renting one of our opulent, spacious offices, and utilizing our professional administrative services, your customers will understand that they can put their confidence in you and your business. Our Phoenix office spaces for rent are well-equipped with modern technology, feature signage for your business, and offer professional and personalized call and mail handling.
Marketing your Scottsdale small business doesn’t have to eat into your profit margin. With a little time and technology savvy, you can easily spread the word about what you and your small business have to offer.